Gujarat govt forms Weather Watch Group committee for monsoon 2018May 14, 2018
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat has formed a Weather Watch group committee under Relief Commissioner of State as its head.
24 senior officials of various government departments including urban development, GSDMA, Narmada, Water resources, Fisheries, Power, Water supply, Health, Environment, Agriculture, BISAG etc are part of the committee.
According to Revenue Minister Kaushik Patel, the meetings of this committee will be held every Tuesday in the afternoon during the monsoon period of 1st June to 31st October.
The committee has also the members from IMD, NDRF, IAF, Army, Coast Guard and other central agencies.
- GST rates reduced/waived off on number of items, GST return filing to be simplified
- Gujarat Congress leader Himanshu Vyas appointed as AICC Secretary in charge of NRI wing of party
- M Phil student alleges woman professor of making her do household chores, cleaning, GU forms probe committee
- Despite late arrival this year in Gujarat, SW Monsoon crosses half-way mark of annual rainfall before July-end
- Heavy rainfall warnings for next 24 hours
- GU for shorter question paper and exam time