Abhilasha Kumari takes charge of office of Chairperson of Gujarat Human Right Commission for five-year termMay 17, 2018
Gandhinagar: Former Chief Justice of Manipur High Court Abhilashakumari who has also served as Judge in the Gujarat High Court took charge of the office of Chairperson of Gujarat State Human Right Commission. She will be in this office for five years. Justice Abhilasha Kumari is daughter of former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister and Congress leader Virbhadraa Singh. She has been Chief Justice of Tripura High Court also. Justice Kumari enrolled as an advocate in 1984 and practiced cases concerning civil, criminal, consumer affairs, industrial insurance and company affairs in Himachal high court and the Himachal Pradesh administrative tribunal. She also served as additional advocate general of Himachal Pradesh after the Congress government came to power in March 2003.
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs
- Why don't your government arrest Alpesh Thakor; media asks Rupani in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat ACB nabs Mamlatdar of Dahod taking bribe for entry of land deal in record
- Another Gir lion found dead, prima facie seems natural death, PM report awaited
- Young lion rescued from deep well in rural Dhari area