Abhilasha Kumari takes charge of office of Chairperson of Gujarat Human Right Commission for five-year termMay 17, 2018
Gandhinagar: Former Chief Justice of Manipur High Court Abhilashakumari who has also served as Judge in the Gujarat High Court took charge of the office of Chairperson of Gujarat State Human Right Commission. She will be in this office for five years. Justice Abhilasha Kumari is daughter of former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister and Congress leader Virbhadraa Singh. She has been Chief Justice of Tripura High Court also. Justice Kumari enrolled as an advocate in 1984 and practiced cases concerning civil, criminal, consumer affairs, industrial insurance and company affairs in Himachal high court and the Himachal Pradesh administrative tribunal. She also served as additional advocate general of Himachal Pradesh after the Congress government came to power in March 2003.
- Six journalists honored with Narad Award in a function in Gujarat
- ACB nabs deputy Mamlatdar red handed taking bribe in Central Gujarat
- PM takes spiritual break, takes 2 km trek to a solitary cave near Kedarnath
- Son of Gujarat Congress MLA and party candidate from Rajkot LS seat, dies in road mishap in West Bengal
- Two injured in different incidents of leopard attacks in Gujarat, one in Navasari city
- Day before final phase of polling, BJP chief Amit Shah performs 'Tatkal Mahapuja' at Somnath temple