After emotional pro-farmers speech, Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa steps down just before trust voteMay 19, 2018
Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyuarappa today gave emotional speech in the assembly and made announcement to step down just before trust vote. BSY said he will come back with 150 seats in the next assembly election and also ensure BJP victory on all 28 seats of Lok Sabha in Karnataka in general elections next year as gift to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Yeddyuarappa in his speech spoke about suicides by farmers, water shortage in urban and rural areas, unspent fund of Centre in the state and Siddaramaiah’s duplicity in supporting HD Kumarswamy.
The Supreme Court has rejected Congress plea challenging BJP MLA Bopaiah’s appointment as Pro-tem Speaker by Governor Vajubhai Vala. Congress plea had urged removal of Bopaiah from the post and his replacement with a Congress MLA who is the senior most MLA in the house. The Supreme Court rejected both demands. On videography of floor test, the Supreme Court said, live telecast on TV was already in place.
- Highlights of investment commitments announced from the stage at Vibrant Gujarat Summit inaugural session
- India is ready for business as never before: PM at inauguration of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Gujarat is becoming more and more important for Suzuki Group: Toshihiro Suzuki shares company's future plans here
- RIL to double the investment and livelihood opportunities in Gujarat in a decade: Mukesh Ambani at Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Long-term Uranium Ore Concentrate supply pact for India's energy requirements signed in presence of PM Modi, Uzbek President in Gujarat
- Live: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 from Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar