After emotional pro-farmers speech, Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa steps down just before trust voteMay 19, 2018
Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyuarappa today gave emotional speech in the assembly and made announcement to step down just before trust vote. BSY said he will come back with 150 seats in the next assembly election and also ensure BJP victory on all 28 seats of Lok Sabha in Karnataka in general elections next year as gift to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Yeddyuarappa in his speech spoke about suicides by farmers, water shortage in urban and rural areas, unspent fund of Centre in the state and Siddaramaiah’s duplicity in supporting HD Kumarswamy.
The Supreme Court has rejected Congress plea challenging BJP MLA Bopaiah’s appointment as Pro-tem Speaker by Governor Vajubhai Vala. Congress plea had urged removal of Bopaiah from the post and his replacement with a Congress MLA who is the senior most MLA in the house. The Supreme Court rejected both demands. On videography of floor test, the Supreme Court said, live telecast on TV was already in place.
- Surat fire tragedy: Highlights of Govt. briefing on primary probe report
- Fire incident: AMC suspends BU permission of Apple Children hospital in Ahmedabad
- Police detain Hardik Patel in Surat
- Ahmedabad court asks Rahul Gandhi to appear in person on July 12
- Surat fire tragedy: Builders arrested, SMC official suspended, demolition and sealing drives continue
- Surat fire tragedy: Chief Secretary Dr. JN Singh brief media on actions taken so far