Chola idols return back to Tamil Nadu from Ahmedabad’s Calico museumMay 31, 2018
Ahmedabad: Two 1,000-year-old bronze idols of Rajaraja Chola, and his queen Lokamadevi have returned to Tamil Nadu. They had went missing from Brihadeeswarar temple at Thanjavur more than 50 years ago. They were traced back to Sarabhai museum in Ahmedabad. They would be installed at Brihadeeswarar temple in next few days.
Inspector-general of police AG Pon Manickavel had led a team to retrieve the idols from Calico museum in Ahmedabad within 90 days after filing a cse.
- 36.89% storage across 204 reservoirs in Gujarat; 19 put on high alert
- Industries and business in Gujarat suffer estimated loss of over 1500 crores due to truck operators strike
- Phoenix Mills Ltd - Bsafal Joint Venture to acquire and develop 5.16 acre land on SG Highway in Ahmedabad
- Himalaya, Ahmedabad One Mall make parking free
- John Abraham participates in shooting of Raw in Junagadh, Pakistan like look given to shooting-locations
- Citizens in Ahmedabad participate in rally against 'Love-Jihad'