Ahmedabad – Bangkok flight of Spicejet suffers tyre burst during take-offJune 01, 2018
Ahmedabad: A SpiceJet aircraft suffered a tyre burst during take-off at Ahmedabad airport.
The flight, SG-85, was on its way to Bangkok. Officials said the passengers had been deplaned. The flight had 188 passengers. They all are safe.
The runway was blocked by affected aircraft, due to which 4 arrivals had been diverted, departures delayed.
The runway of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport here remained blocked for over 3 hours this evening and at least seven incoming flights diverted and several delayed when tyre of a Bangkok-bound SpiceJet flight burst before taking off .
Airport Director Manoj Gangal said that the tyre of aircraft of flight number SG 085 Ahmadabad to Bangkok burst on runway during take off roll at 1928 IST, Runway was blocked. All 188 passengers were safe and deplaned. The aircraft was towed away from runway and it was made available for normal flight operation at 2241hrs. 7 arrivals were diverted and departures delayed. Few arrivals hold over Ahmadabad.
@goairlinesindia @dgft @sureshpprabhu flight from Mumbai to Ahmedabad scheduled @ 22:25 hrs is rescheduled @1:45 hrs and now announced cancelled. No intimation no response. Left customer in lurch. pic.twitter.com/lL0cpYJxz1
— Niraj Goyal (@goyalnir) June 1, 2018
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats; total 16 of 26 candidates declared, of them 14 repeated
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party
- Jawahar Chavda issues video statement claiming his remark in local flavoured dialect was misunderstood
- CBDT refutes Media Report
- BJP conducts 'Ghar Ghar Chalo Abhiyan' in Gandhinagar from where party president Amit Shah has been declared candidate