85% portion of Statue of Unity ready; Inauguration on 31st OctoberJune 12, 2018
Vadodara: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to dedicate the 182-meter tall Statue of Unity on October 31, the 143rd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
The foundation of the statue was laid at Sadhu Bet, 3.32 km from Sardar Sarovar Dam on Narmada river at Kevadia colony by Modi as then chief minister of Gujarat, on October 31, 2013.
The statue is 85% complete. Fixing of outermost bronze layer parts is going on at present. The ‘dhoti’ part of statue is nearly complete with outer shape ready. Bronze parts for outer layer are being brought from Waghodia based godown with the help of heavy cranes and trucks.
Engineering major L&T and SSNNL(Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd) are implementing the project which involves
a viewing gallery, a tribal museum, a laser light and sound show on the life of Sardar Patel.
Works for a residential facility named as ‘Bharat Bhavan’, four-lane road to the site, broad gauge railway line connecting to Mumbai – Delhi route, valley of flower are going on.
A team of the Airport Authority of India(AAI) is also going to visit the site to check whether sea-plane connectivity to the site is possible from Ahmedabad based Sabarmati Riverfront.
- Another success in land acquisition for bullet train project in Surat district
- Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal tie nuptial knot over Vedic chants and Hindu tradition in Mumbai
- Exhibition on Futuristic Technologies at Science City for Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Northerly winds making weather colder in Gujarat, Maximum temperatures at most places fall below 30°C
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit ‘Statue of Unity’ on Dec 15
- Union Railway Minister to dedicate Nation’s First Railway University in Vadodara on 15th December