85% portion of Statue of Unity ready; Inauguration on 31st OctoberJune 12, 2018
Vadodara: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to dedicate the 182-meter tall Statue of Unity on October 31, the 143rd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
The foundation of the statue was laid at Sadhu Bet, 3.32 km from Sardar Sarovar Dam on Narmada river at Kevadia colony by Modi as then chief minister of Gujarat, on October 31, 2013.
The statue is 85% complete. Fixing of outermost bronze layer parts is going on at present. The ‘dhoti’ part of statue is nearly complete with outer shape ready. Bronze parts for outer layer are being brought from Waghodia based godown with the help of heavy cranes and trucks.
Engineering major L&T and SSNNL(Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd) are implementing the project which involves
a viewing gallery, a tribal museum, a laser light and sound show on the life of Sardar Patel.
Works for a residential facility named as ‘Bharat Bhavan’, four-lane road to the site, broad gauge railway line connecting to Mumbai – Delhi route, valley of flower are going on.
A team of the Airport Authority of India(AAI) is also going to visit the site to check whether sea-plane connectivity to the site is possible from Ahmedabad based Sabarmati Riverfront.
- 36.89% storage across 204 reservoirs in Gujarat; 19 put on high alert
- Industries and business in Gujarat suffer estimated loss of over 1500 crores due to truck operators strike
- Phoenix Mills Ltd - Bsafal Joint Venture to acquire and develop 5.16 acre land on SG Highway in Ahmedabad
- Himalaya, Ahmedabad One Mall make parking free
- John Abraham participates in shooting of Raw in Junagadh, Pakistan like look given to shooting-locations
- Citizens in Ahmedabad participate in rally against 'Love-Jihad'