3 of the trustees of Bet Dwarka temple resignJuly 11, 2018
Three of the 12 trustees of Bet Dwarka temple trust have reprtedly resigned.
Trustee Dwarkadas Raychura, Vajubhai Pabari and Vasuben Trivedi have put in their papers.
Though no reason has been cited in the papers and the trio has said that they have taken the step for personal reasons yet it is understood that the dispute related to the temple jewelry was responsible for it.
Notably, the jewelry worth crores of rupees has been kept in a locker in Ahmedabad for years. There was alleged dispute among trustees as the jewels have reportedly not been brought to the temple even during festivals for quite a long time.
- Gujarat farmer denies nod for landing of Hardik Patel's helicopter on his land
- Reliance Jio Q4 net profit jumps 64% to Rs 840 crore
- Our Nyay scheme is a deadly blow and surgical strike against poverty, will end penury from India: Rahul in Gujarat
- Scrapped note of Rs 500 and 1000 of face value of over 7 lakhs fished out of river Sabarmati in Gujarat
- Push a lotus button, and it will straight away go to Modi's account: PM in Amreli
- Banks decide to continue with bidding process to save cash-strapped Jet Airways