16 bombs, pistol found on the roof-top of bootlegger in Ahmedabad on Rath-yatra eveJuly 13, 2018
A day before the 141st Rath-yatra in the city, police today recovered 16 crude bombs and a rifle from the roof-top of the house of notorious bootlegger Shafiq Sanghi alias Guddu near Rajpur toll-point in Gomatinagar area.
‘A 32 bore pistol and 16 bombs, some bottles and kerosene were found during a search at around mid-night,’ PI Gomatipur C B Tandel said today.
Sanghi and another person have been detained in this regard.
Meanwhile, the FSL team during its investigation has reportedly found powder used for making fire-crackers in the bombs.
Police is investigating the matter.
- Who is Dr. Mahendra Munjapara, a surprise name in BJP LS candidate list for Gujarat
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats; total 16 of 26 candidates declared, of them 14 repeated
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party
- Jawahar Chavda issues video statement claiming his remark in local flavoured dialect was misunderstood
- CBDT refutes Media Report