Parts of South Gujarat see moderate to heavy rain under influence of a system over North Konkan, met issues warningAugust 04, 2018
Parts of South Gujarat today witnessed moderate to heavy rain even as the met department also has issued a warning of heavy rain in this region for the day.
Till 2 pm Kaprada in Valsad district has seen 104 mm (over 4 inches), Dharampur 57 Dangs Ahwa 40 Khergam 29 Pardi 29 Vapi 24 Vaghai 19 Valsad 12 Subir 12 Chikhli 10 mm of rain.
Senior Meteorologist of IMD center here Manorama Mohanty said that the heavy rain phenomenon in extreme southern districts of Gujarat were being caused by an upper air cyclonic circulation over North Konkan and adjoining South Gujarat.
‘There will be heavy rain at isolated places in districts like Valsad, Dangs and Navsari today. There will be rain tomorrow as well but not with this intensity,’ she said.
To a query she said that a low pressure area is visible in the head bay of Bengal which would take at least another 48 hours to convert in to a full fledged upper air cyclonic circulation. And after that if it moves towards Gujarat there would be spell of heavy rain.
Notably, Gujarat has in the past 24 hours seen light to moderate rains in 58 talukas of 16 districts with maximum 40mm in Umergam of Valsad.
- Dahej - Ghogha ro-pax ferry service timings to change from 1 December
- Gujarat govt. refutes Congress allegation over contract with Vodafone
- Gujarat Science City demonstrates robots that work as waiter; India's first Robotics gallery to come up by mid-next year
- Ravindra and Rivaba Jadeja meet PM Narendra Modi in Delhi
- Gujarat CM visits Sardar Patel 's birth place in Nadiad
- Desalination, Recycling of water the way to go for Gujarat, explains Chief Minister