Mob clash with police in North Gujarat after rally, dispersedAugust 10, 2018
The mob of cattle-rearer community today become violent in Nanadasan area of Mahesana district during their protest rally and road blockade against the killing of a cow-vigilante youth of their community.
A case against 119 named people and a mob of 2000 other unknown people has been lodged in Nandasan police station in connection with the violence under sections of IPC pertaining to rioting and damage to the public property among others.
One Raju Rabari was killed in Kadi area.
To protest against the incident with demand of arrest of accused and strict action in this matter over 2500 people of the community today took out a rally from Rajpur to Nandasan.
Several of the participants of the rally sat on the Palnpur highway road after handing over a memorandum to police in this regard. This led to jam after which the police deployed on the spot tried to remove them.
The mob started stone pelting. Police had to resort to lathi-charge and lobbing of tear gas shells to disperse the mob. The jam was cleared.
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary
- Rahul's statement against PM shows his sanskar and also that he can lie in parliament: Smriti Irani in Surat