Mob clash with police in North Gujarat after rally, dispersedAugust 10, 2018
The mob of cattle-rearer community today become violent in Nanadasan area of Mahesana district during their protest rally and road blockade against the killing of a cow-vigilante youth of their community.
A case against 119 named people and a mob of 2000 other unknown people has been lodged in Nandasan police station in connection with the violence under sections of IPC pertaining to rioting and damage to the public property among others.
One Raju Rabari was killed in Kadi area.
To protest against the incident with demand of arrest of accused and strict action in this matter over 2500 people of the community today took out a rally from Rajpur to Nandasan.
Several of the participants of the rally sat on the Palnpur highway road after handing over a memorandum to police in this regard. This led to jam after which the police deployed on the spot tried to remove them.
The mob started stone pelting. Police had to resort to lathi-charge and lobbing of tear gas shells to disperse the mob. The jam was cleared.
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies
- 6 die as truck overturns and crush a car in Surendranagar district of Gujarat
- Property registration documents in Sub Registrar Offices now available online in Gujarat