Pakistan releases 26 Indian fishermen, most of them from GujaratAugust 13, 2018
Karachi: Pakistan today released 26 Indian fishermen from Malir jail as a goodwill gesture. The fishermen will be handed over to Indian border officials at Wagah border tomorrow, the report said.
Pakistan has released Indian fishermen, most of them from Indian State of Gujarat a day before country’s independence day. Newly-elected Parliament’s maiden meeting is also going to start the process of handing over powers to the new government tomorrow.
The fishermen had been arrested by the authorities for allegedly trespassing into Pakistan’s territorial waters. According to Saad Edhi, an official of the Edhi foundation, the charity has paid the travel expenses for the released Indian fishermen.
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase