10 MW Solar Power Plant of ONGC operational in GujaratSeptember 11, 2018
Ahmedabad: A 10 MW solar power plant of ONGC has been made operational at Dahej in Gujarat.
It was inaugurated by the Chairman and Managing Director, ONGC, Mr Shashi Shanker recently. The turnkey contract for building the 10 MW solar plant was awarded to Vikram Solar Limited, India’s leading module manufacturer and solar EPC player. The project will power ONGC’s Dhaej, Gandhar & Hazira plant in Gujarat. The solar plant has been built to meet the Renewable Power obligation (RPO) of ONGC for Gujarat region and is intended for its captive power usage.
The plant is segregated into eight blocks of 1.25 MW each for better management and increasing efficiency. The use of polycrystalline technology will ensure that the system is self-sufficient in generating power. Vikram Solar will further provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) service to the plant for a period of three years from the date of commissioning. The project is spread across 56 acres of land and the 10 MW plant has 44,144 modules powering the whole unit.
Vikram Solar is spearheading India’s solar revolution with ~750 MW EPC capacity including commissioned and under execution projects. The Company has recently concluded a 130 MW for NTPC at Bhadla (Rajasthan), 80 MW for GIPCL at Charanka (Gujarat), 40 MW for IL&FS at Kachaliya (Madhya Pradesh), and is known for its innovative projects and airport installations. Vikram Solar is the first Solar Company in India to install a floating solar project at New Town (Kolkata, West Bengal). It has supported the Calicut, Kolkata and Kochi airports to successfully switch from conventional energy to green energy.
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats; total 16 of 26 candidates declared, of them 14 repeated
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party
- Jawahar Chavda issues video statement claiming his remark in local flavoured dialect was misunderstood
- CBDT refutes Media Report
- BJP conducts 'Ghar Ghar Chalo Abhiyan' in Gandhinagar from where party president Amit Shah has been declared candidate