10 MW Solar Power Plant of ONGC operational in GujaratSeptember 11, 2018
Ahmedabad: A 10 MW solar power plant of ONGC has been made operational at Dahej in Gujarat.
It was inaugurated by the Chairman and Managing Director, ONGC, Mr Shashi Shanker recently. The turnkey contract for building the 10 MW solar plant was awarded to Vikram Solar Limited, India’s leading module manufacturer and solar EPC player. The project will power ONGC’s Dhaej, Gandhar & Hazira plant in Gujarat. The solar plant has been built to meet the Renewable Power obligation (RPO) of ONGC for Gujarat region and is intended for its captive power usage.
The plant is segregated into eight blocks of 1.25 MW each for better management and increasing efficiency. The use of polycrystalline technology will ensure that the system is self-sufficient in generating power. Vikram Solar will further provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) service to the plant for a period of three years from the date of commissioning. The project is spread across 56 acres of land and the 10 MW plant has 44,144 modules powering the whole unit.
Vikram Solar is spearheading India’s solar revolution with ~750 MW EPC capacity including commissioned and under execution projects. The Company has recently concluded a 130 MW for NTPC at Bhadla (Rajasthan), 80 MW for GIPCL at Charanka (Gujarat), 40 MW for IL&FS at Kachaliya (Madhya Pradesh), and is known for its innovative projects and airport installations. Vikram Solar is the first Solar Company in India to install a floating solar project at New Town (Kolkata, West Bengal). It has supported the Calicut, Kolkata and Kochi airports to successfully switch from conventional energy to green energy.
- Boating facility to be developed for tourists visiting Statue of Unity
- Passengers sit on dharna at departure terminal of Ahmedabad airport protesting delay in flight
- Raas dance video viral in name of Morarji Desai is fake; it hasn't Morarji Desai in it
- DyCM, BJP MP hit out at selfstyle Adivasi outfit for opposing the statue of unity project
- 305 kg heroin smuggling case: Gujarat ATS nabs another accused from Kashmir with suspected links with terrorists
- News in brief from across Gujarat (updated)