305 kg Heroin smuggling case: ATS gets 7 days remand of accused with suspected links with Pakistan based drug racketOctober 03, 2018
Dwarka: A local court in Khambaliya of Devbhoomi Dwarka district of Gujarat today allowed 7 days remand of an accused of the sensational 305 kg Heroin smuggling case, who was nabbed recently from the Indo-Nepal border, to the the Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) for further interrogation.
Arshad Sotta alias Raju Dubai, one of the main accused who worked as a link between suppliers of heroin from Pakistan via Dubai and the Indian buyers, was nabbed near Sonauli border of Nepal on the basis of a tip off by the ATS on October 1. He is a native of Mandavi in Kutch.
The ATS today produced him in the court and sought 14 days remand but the court allowed only seven days remand ie till October 10.
In all 4 accused of the sensational case with suspected links with Pakistan based terror outfits have been so far nabbed.
Earlier on September 16 Nazir Ahmed Thaker (36), was nabbed from Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir. He had come thrice to Unjha in North Gujarat to take 50, 50 and 200 kg of Heroin (worth over 900 crores) for delivery in Punjab.
Notably, on August 12, the ATS along with local police had arrested one Aziz Bhaghadh in Sodsala village in Jam Salaya taluka of Devbhoomi-Dwarka district of Gujarat and seized 5 kg Heroin worth around Rs 15 crore from him. Later on his info another man Rafiq Sumra was arrested. It was revealed that Around 300 kg of Heroin was smuggled from Pakistan via sea route in Mandvi and sent to the spice hub town of Unjha in Mehesana district of North Gujarat from where it was smuggled to Pujab hidden in the trucks of cumin. 3 more accused including one Simranjeet who also has links with Pakistan, are still at large.
- Railway minister dedicates India's first Rail and Transport Institute in Vadodara
- Rupani chairs review meeting for tribal development, announces several welfare measures
- Gayatri Mantra rendition by Lata Mangeshkar for Isha Ambani wedding
- Soon you may enjoy the view of Statue of Unity from sky
- Box of diamond containing around 99 carat of precious gem stolen during International exhibition in Surat
- President of India performs bhoomi pujan for railway station at Kevadia Colony