Cadila Pharma CMD Rajiv Modi gets divorce from wife after 26 years of marital lifeOctober 30, 2018
Ahmedabad: Family Court here today approved Rs 200 crore divorce of Rajiv and Monika Modi. Rajiv is owner of Cadila Pharmaceuticals that his late father set up six decades ago. Monika Modi is from Mumbai based Garware Polyester Ltd fame Garware family. As husband and wife both were in agreement to go for split, the family court allowed separation without cooling period. A 17-year old Son of Rajiv and Monika Modi who studies in class 11 in Ahmedabad will stay with Rajiv. According to a recent Supreme Court judgment, a divorce can be issued within two months if it is with mutual consent. Couple had filed for divorce earlier this month.
In August this year police control room had received a call from Monika, claiming her husband had beaten her. Immediately, a PCR van was sent to the couple’s residence at Suvidha Bungalows near Vaishnodevi Circle. After preliminary questioning, the cops asked Monika to come to the police station to lodge a complaint if she wanted. Monika decided to go to the station in her car. She was accompanied by her advocate who was already present at the bungalow. Rajiv Modi, too, decided to go to the station with his advocates in his car. Soon, a fleet of luxury cars were lined up outside the police station and a battery of lawyers was present inside. This had attracted media attention too. Later Monika Modi had refused to file complaint and divorce case was filed in October.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies