Gandhidham Chamber to hold ‘Jan Aakrosh Rally’ seeking freehold of Kandla Port Trust landDecember 06, 2018
Gandhidham: The Gandhidham Chamber of Commerce and Industry, along with many other trade organizations and various social organizations of Kutch Gandhidham region, will be holding a massive ‘Jan Akrosh Rally’ to protest against the Deendayal Port Trust (formerly known as Kandla Port Trust), demanding the conversion of lease to freehold land of Gandhidham and Addipur township, on Friday December 7, 2018 in at Gandhidham (Kutch).
With nearly 25,000 people anticipated to attend the rally, the protest is expected to impact severely the concerned authorities. The rally will bring to the fore issues faced by common citizens of the township.
The demand has been pending since over five decades now. In 2014, the UPA cabinet had approved the conversion of 1900 acre out of the 5000-acre residential lease land with the DPT into freehold land.
- Live: Valedictory session of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019
- Highlights of MoUs signed on second day of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Police detain over 30 in Kevadiya holding protest in presence of Haryana CM
- PM Modi hits out at grand-alliance at Silvassa rally
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates L&T’s Armoured Systems Complex at Hazira, Gujarat
- Live: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates L&T Armoured Systems Complex at Hazira