Locals claim, tiger spotted in Mahisagar district of Gujarat; clicked in cameraFebruary 09, 2019
Bharuch: In a major news, a wild tiger has been spotted within the limits of Gujarat.
A teacher from Gugaliya village in Mahisagar district of Central Gujarat today while returning to Lunawada in his vehicle, spotted a tiger crossing a road and clicked it in his mobile camera.
Local officials of forest department confirmed that the photograph was locally clicked and it had presence of wild tiger. However forest officials added that they can confirm tiger’s presence only after sitting and verification and FSL report of samples recovered from the spot of Pangli Mata Jungle.
As per local Range Forest Officer Rohit Patel, samples such as pug marks and hairs were collected from the spot and night-vision cameras were installed at nearby water points and trails in attempt to verify possible movements of tiger. Patel added that there could be one single tiger in the area.
- Live: Lok Sabha general elections 2019 results
- Rajkot BJP will not celebrate Lok Sabha victory in view of demise of rival Congress candidate's son
- MHA asks States/UTs to take adequate security measures in connection with counting of votes
- Amit Shah asks six questions to opposition parties over their EVM cry
- Gujarat loses over 18 lakh mobile numbers in March, but Jio adds 5.71 lakh and BSNL adds 43,000 numbers
- 28 centres for counting of votes for 26 Lok Sabha, 4 assembly seats in Gujarat