Construction of jetty to operate transparent capsule boats commences at Statue of UnityApril 03, 2019
Statue of Unity: Construction work for a jetty in river Narmada has been commenced close to the Statue of Unity. The jetty will be used for operation of capsule boats to Statue of Unity. In order to operate the boats, a reservoir between Narmada dam to Garudeshwar weir dam will be filled with water. It will be a 12 km long and 35 metre deep reservoir with Narmada ghat on its both sides. The attractions to be offered here include speed boating, scooter boating, pedal boating, tube boating ec. Capsule boats to be operated here will be transparent. The attractions are likely to open by the end of this year.
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat
- Heavy rain warning for South Gujarat tomorrow
- Polling for Junagadh Municipal Corporation in Gujarat to be held on July 21, election schedule announced
- Gujarat HC issues notices to Alpesh, assembly speaker on Congress' plea seeking his dismissal from MLA post
- Monsoon likely to hit Gujarat in next 48 hours, fairly widespread rain expected in all areas except Saurashtra: Met Director Sarkar
- Representatives from all the groups of lions in and around Gir forests to be radio collared in a months time: CCF Vasavada