E-Voters registration begins from 2nd August in GujaratJuly 29, 2010
E-Voters registration begins from 2nd August in Gujarat
Gandhinagar, DeshGujarat, 29 July 2010
For the first time in India, State Election Commission Gandhinagar is exploring E-Voting options, under the initiative (1) The voter may cast his vote in the ward identified by Election Commission from his Laptop or P.C. (2) If the voter seeks E-Voting option and he is not having Internet facility than (2) he can cast his vote from E-Polling Stations. Necessary directives have been issued to Municipal Commissioners of all the Corporations and Election Staff.
E-Voting initiative, on experimental basis, may be implemented by State Election Commission for the upcoming Municipal Corporation’s elections in Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, and Rajkot.
Arrangements are already made at Civic-Centres so that the voter may give his application for E-Voting options. Municipal Commissioners are instructed to make wide publicity of E-Voting option, which is being explored for the first time in India. State Election Commission has appealed voters to seek the benefit of On-Line Voting Facility.
E-Voters Registration programme would begin from 2nd August, for further details the voters may access Web-Site: www.sec.gujarat.gov.in
- Gujarat State Children's Science Congress to be held during 30th Nov. to 2nd Dec.
- Days of operation of two Vande Bharat Express trains to be changed
- IMD predicts two more days of unseasonal light rains in parts of Gujarat
- Akshay Kumar, Disha Patni attend closing ceremony of Kudo tournament in Surat
- Trades from Jamnagar and Dwarka need to visit Junagadh for GST biometric
- One nabbed for harassments and stalking of a minor Hindu girl
- PM Narendra Modi converses with laborers rescued from collapsed Uttarkashi tunnel