Kayaking activity launched at Sabarmati RiverfrontApril 01, 2023
Sabarmati: Amdavadis will now be able to enjoy kayaking as the Sabarmati Riverfront Development Corporation Ltd (SRFDCL) has dedicated ten kayaking boats for water sports in the city today.
This activity will be available on a 1 km stretch of the Riverfront from NID Ghat No.11 at the lower promenade of the Riverfront up to Ambedkar Bridge. The ticket price for a single-seater kayak is ₹600 per hour and for a double-seater kayak, it is ₹1200 per hour. Tickets can be booked on the spot as well as online on https://ahmedabadkayak.com/
The Kayak services were inaugurated in the presence of Mayor Kirit Parmar, Deputy Mayor Smt. Gitaben Patel, and Chairman of Standing Committee Hitesh Barot, as well as other dignitaries
#SabarmatiRiverfront is the new home to Kayaking. Today, the Kayak services were inaugurated in the presence of Hon’ble Mayor Shri @kiritjparmarbjp, Deputy Mayor Smt. Gitaben Patel & Chairman of Standing Committee Shri @HiteshBarotBJP ji and other dignitaries. pic.twitter.com/MHe4BKM0nG
— Sabarmati Riverfront Development Corporation Ltd. (@SRFDCL) March 31, 2023
Ahmedabad Kayaks, the operating agency, will provide training and all necessary equipment, including life jackets, rescue boats, and lifeguards onshore and offshore. Participants must be over 12 years old and will need to sign a declaration form acknowledging the instructions and risks involved.
This is the first time that people will be able to enjoy kayaking in the city. The activity was proposed by the AMC commissioner after its success during the National Games in Gujarat last year.
The kayaks will be available throughout the year as long as the water level remains stable. DeshGujarat
- Gujarat State Children's Science Congress to be held during 30th Nov. to 2nd Dec.
- Days of operation of two Vande Bharat Express trains to be changed
- IMD predicts two more days of unseasonal light rains in parts of Gujarat
- Akshay Kumar, Disha Patni attend closing ceremony of Kudo tournament in Surat
- Trades from Jamnagar and Dwarka need to visit Junagadh for GST biometric
- One nabbed for harassments and stalking of a minor Hindu girl
- PM Narendra Modi converses with laborers rescued from collapsed Uttarkashi tunnel