Pakistan Government may release Indian fishermen next weekMay 05, 2023
Gandhinagar: The Pakistan Government is likely to release around 600 Indian fishermen from Pakistan Jail soon. Most of these fishermen belong to the border coastal state of Gujarat.
Jivanbhai Jungi, the former president of the Porbandar Fishermen Boat Association and a Kharva community leader, has informed that they have received reports from Pakistan that the Pakistan government is likely to release around 600 Indian fishermen who are currently imprisoned in Pakistan.
It is known that over 650 Indian fishermen are currently in Pakistan prisons. According to media reports, the process of releasing the 200 fishermen has already been completed. The official release date for 200 fishermen is expected to be May 12th, while the others are likely to be released on May 14th.
Members of the Fishermen Association, South Asia Unity Groups, and the Pakistan India People Forum have repeatedly appealed for the prompt release of the fishermen. DeshGujarat
- Gujarat High Court dismisses PIL against disturbance caused by loudspeakers at mosques
- Fake Govt offices scam; Dahod Police arrests former IAS
- Upto four lakh hectares damage in standing crops estimated due to unseasonal rains: Gujarat govt
- One nabbed at Ahmedabad airport for carrying 36 beer bottles
- Cadila Pharma commissions Rs. 200 crore API plant at Dahej in Gujarat
- Two-wheeler rider on wrong side and in fast lane of highway dies after hit by SUV
- DSP Asset Managers opens subsidiary company office at GIFT City Gujarat