108 more Hindus from Pakistan to get Indian citizenship in AhmedabadSeptember 11, 2023
Gandhinagar: A total of 108 people in Ahmedabad district who have migrated from Pakistan will be awarded Indian citizenship by the hands of the Minister of State for Home Harsh Sanghvi on September 12.
On this occasion, Collector of Ahmedabad Ms. Praveena D.K, MLAs of Ahmedabad, President and members of Sindh Minority Migrants Association, 108 beneficiaries and their families will be present.
It may be mentioned here that the Gazette notifications of the year 2016 and 2018 empower the District Collectors of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Kutch in Gujarat to grant Indian citizenship to the people of minority community (Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi and Christian)from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan after following the procedure under the Citizenship Act.
So far a total of 1149 Pakistani Hindu expatriates have been awarded Indian citizenship by Ahmedabad District Collectorate. DeshGujarat
- Ahmedabad Metro Rail completes one year; Average upto 90,000 daily passengers riding it
- Amit Shah to inaugurate NIPER 's permanent campus in Gandhinagar
- List of AMC projects, Amit Shah to launch/dedicate this weekend
- Govt of India increases interest on 5-year recurring deposit to 6.7% for Dec quarter
- AMC to make functional 19 fountains by Navratri; Road repair to start in October
- 45 lakh pilgrims participated in Bhadarvi Punam Mela of Ambaji this year: District Collector
- Former GPSC chairman Dr. Dinesh Dasa appointed as member UPSC