Man gets 3 years jail over remarks on Hindu God in Facebook postNovember 25, 2023
Valsad: Additional Judicial Magistrate court here has given 3 years imprisonment and slapped Rs. 50,000 fine to convict Azad Ansari for offending remarks on Hindu God Ganesh ji on Facebook post with a photograph.
Convict Azad Riyazuddin Ansari(34), resident of Shalimar Apartment here on 17 September 2018 shared a picture of Ganesh ji with abusive remarks that hurt sentiments of Hindu people. Gau Rakshak Bakul Rajgor, Hemant Kheranar and others had rushed to the shop of the accused and offered him a garland of shoes.
After a police complaint and subsequent legal fight, the court has given 3 years simple imprisonment to Ansari and Rs. 50,000 fine under Information Technology Act 2000, section 67. DeshGujarat
- Bollywood celebs, Hollywood icons, and industrialists arrive in Jamnagar for Anant-Radhika pre-wedding
- Mahesh Vasava meets CR Patil; Joita Patel set to join BJP
- Air India launches Bhuj-Mumbai direct flight service
- Opening of IN-SPACe's Technical Centre at Bopal, Gujarat on March 5
- Paldi Jalaram Mandir under-bridge to open for traffic on 4 March
- GST revenue in Gujarat up by 15% in February 2024 compared to February 2023
- Tata's N. Chandrasekaran visits Dholera a day after announcement of semiconductor fab unit