Modi visits Shahid Ramani’s residence,pays homage(Video)June 11, 2009
Modi visits Shahid Ramani’s residence,pays homage(Video)
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 11 June, 2009
Modi at Shahid Rushikesh Ramani’s residence, Gujarat Congress President Siddharth Patel also paid homages(C)DeshGujarat Photo
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday visited Shahid Major Rushikesh Ramani’s residence in Ahmedabad’s Thakkarbapanagar area and said that the government should adopt ‘zero tolerance” towards terrorism.
After paying tribute to Major Rishikesh Ramani, who was killed in a fierce gunabattle at Khurhama, near the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kupwara District, he said, “.There should be “zero tolerance towards terrorism”.
“It is unfortunate that terrorism is claiming lives of youths like Major Ramani for last 25 years. Whole nation feels proud for Ramani. His martyrdom will motivate Gujarat’s youths to protect the nation.” he said adding that the country should avenge such killings.
The 27-year-old Major was killed in a gunbattle with the terrorists in Kupwara district Kashmir on June 7.
Major Ramani is the eldest son Vallbhbhai Ramani, a Charted Accountant residing in Vikram Park Socieity in Bapunagar area of the city here. His body was brought to the city on June 9 and was later creamated.
Major Ramani of the 23 Punjab Regiment killed three militants before his death.
- 22 year old Muslim woman in Gujarat files complaint against husband over triple talaq
- 3 including woman organizer of fair in which deadly joy-ride accident took place , nabbed
- 16 single platform stations in Gujarat to get second platform soon
- Vibrant Gujarat StartUp and Technology Summit from October 11 to 13, 2018; upto Rs 3 crore prizes in offering for startups, innovators
- 48.40 lakh MSMEs registered in last 3 years: 4.86 lakh in Gujarat: MoS MSME replies RS MP Parimal Nathwani
- Storage position of dams from across Gujarat as on 8.00 am today