Good news for Bhavnagar: Shetrunji dam overflowsSeptember 03, 2010
Good news for Bhavnagar: Shetrunji dam overflows
Bhavnagar, DeshGujarat, 3 September, 2010
There’s good news for the people of Bhavnagar district.
Bhavnagar district’s important Shetrunji dam is now overflowing.
Gates of the dam will be opened today afternoon to release surplus water.
Shetrunji dam has been constructed on Shetrunji river at Rajastheli village Palitana .
It is the main source of drinking water for Bhavnagar city
About 122 villages falling in its command area are alerted.
- At least 11, mostly Gujaratis dead, over 35 injured in two bus mishaps
- After review meeting CM Rupani says, extensive relief/rescue operations on, 214 saved
- Amid latest spell of heavy downpour Gujarat crosses half way mark of seasonal rain percentage
- Gujarat cadre IFS Bharat Lal appointed Joint Secretary to President of India
- Heavy rain in parts of Gujarat, several dams full, rescue operations launched, some major highways closed
- Forecast for rapid rise in water levels of rivers in Gujarat, MP, Rajasthan during 21-24 July