Home » Business » Gujarat upgrades ITI and post-SSC diploma courses

Gujarat upgrades ITI and post-SSC diploma courses

Gujarat upgrades ITI and post-SSC diploma courses
Gandhinagar, 2 June, 2011

Gujarat Government has decided to upgrade two-year post-Standard-VIII technical courses taught at Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) at par with Standard-X, and three-year post-SSC diploma taught at polytechnic colleges at par with Standard-XII.

Giving details, Education Minister Ramanlal Vora today said the decision has been taken with a view to making the students more employable as well as treat the course as higher education.

Those who pass ITI courses of 2-year or more duration of National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or Gujarat Council for Vocational Training (GCVT) would be treated at par with Gujarat Secondary Education Board’s Standard-X or Gujarat Open School Examination with Gujarati and English as subjects, and they could go for higher education in post-SSC courses.

Similarly, he said, those who complete 2-year’s ITI course after passing Standard-X or its equivalent recognized course, having passed NCVT or GCVT examinations with English as a subject would be treated at par with Gujarat Secondary Education Board or Gujarat Higher Secondary Education Board’s Standard-XII or Gujarat Open School and could opt for higher courses.

And, those students who complete 3-year diploma courses in polytechnics after Standard-X would be treated at par with Standard-XII pass. Since they would have studied one year more and apply for admission to colleges may be considered for exemption of a year’s study with 40 credit points under Choice Based Credit System.

Comments

1. Pranav Patel says:

A very welcome decision by Shri Ramanlal Vora and CM Shri Narendra Modi.

Till date many talents may have been wasted due to rigid rules as diploma holders may have opted for distance learning BA,B.Sc. etc courses for completing graduation or may have studied abroad for further education while at the same time degree engineering (B.E) seats were remaining vacant in some disciplines.

This decision will allow the current and future diploma/ITI holders to advance their careers and will provide the state with skilled engineers.

Also, if Mr.Vora can allow diploma holders to study regular management courses (MBA etc.) on the basis of work experience it will help, who have finished diploma and have work experience, to gain management qualifications.

2. Amit Patel says:

Learning should be a life long process. It should not be reduced to a means for earning a bread only. Instead it should be made as interesting as playing a cricket. It should act as a kind of medicine that lessens stress in your post college life. No wonder USA is so ahead in research and development. They have made education interesting and flexible. The initiative of Gujarat Government mentioned in the article are praiseworthy and in right direction. I would also like to suggest (and I am very sure, it would be in the minds of the reformist in the field of education) to revive part-time evening courses or distance education courses in science/commerce/arts/etc fields.

3. My name is digant. I am I.T.I. Weraman coush
    N.C.V.T. shratificeta. I am diploma eletical coush pate time to join???
    diploma admission gujarati meediyam in gujarata???
    soriy
    i am no spikig english.
    pleess ans… to me!

4. Sandeep Bhatt says:

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking a extreme good decision that if anybody has completed ITI of
    02 years course after completing SSC exam would be entitled for a higher study’s.
    Believe me this way many students will be competed their further study’s.
    Also guide where we can inquire about taking an admission.
    Thanks once again to guj govt.

5. Ketan Rathod says:

Dear Sir,

Believe me this way many students will be competed their further study’s.
    Also guide where we can inquire about taking an admission.
    Thanks once again to guj govt.

6. Sandeep Bhatt says:

Hi,can anybody suggest from where we will get the information about further study’s.

7. ANIRUDDH says:

Hi,

Pls help to provide detail, where we can inquire for full details after ITI further study information. Pls do the needful. Thanks to Guj Govt.

8. KAZI SOAIB says:

hi,
    i m so glad to hear this news,
    and i m also thankfull to mr vora.
    but my main worry about where can we go and get complite information.
    plz, assist me. i complite ITI in 2004 with NCVT certificate and appreantice too. i wish to go for chemical deploma.
    so plz may u help me.

9. CHAUDHARY RITESH says:

hi
    i m so glad to hear this news,
    and i m also thankfull to mr vora.
    but my main worry about where can we go and get complite information.
    pls assite me i compltie ITI in 2008 with NCVT CERTIFICATE IN BOILER ATTENDENT AND APPREANTICE TOO. I WISH TO GO FOR MACHINCAL DIPLOMA . SO PL MAY U HELP ME.

10. RATHOD JAYDEEP says:

Respected sir ,
    I am doing ITI at tarsali (vadodara) in COE (Automobiles) trade. I have completed 1 year’s “basic automobile(BBBT) Course with 67 %. and recently I have completed 6 month’s Advance auto electric (AAT) WITH 73 %. and now I am doing 6 month’s ” Advance auto diesel ”
    and it will be finished after 2 months….
    and then I want to get more knowledge about automobiles.. So I want to do diploma in automobiles . I want to get addmision in diploma on ITI base.please tell me now what i do ?

11. Sandip prajapati says:

Hiiii now i am doing job in tata motors and i am complete my Diesel mechanic Course NCVT and i want to do Diploma in automobile Filed. But after my Apprentice duration. Can u tell me that how can I do that?? Pls. Help me and Call me 9033083595

12. HARDIK PATEL says:

MENE I.T.I. ELECTRICIAN KIYA HUA HE AUR MENE IS SAL B.A BHI PURA KIYA HE
    AB MUJE DIPLOMA KARNA HE TO ADMISSION MILEGA?
    KYA MERA 1 YEAR KAT HOGA?
    PLZ MY ANS.

13. sagar daive says:

Dear sir,

ITI to diploma kar sakte hai, agar haa to mujhe usake bareme thodi jankari bataiye ke use kaise karna hai….please i request for you……!

14. Miral M Bhatt says:

Respected sir

i know to i m 10th pass and 2 year ITI Draught’sman mechanical Pass 2002 & 1 year Apprentiship in tata chemicals limited mithapur -jamnagar year 2004 so i tech deploma

plz give me answer quick

15. Qazi Azhruddin says:

Hello Sir,
    My Name Is Azhruddin.I Am I.T.I.Turner Coush Study To 2013 Complit.
    N.C.V.T. Chratificeta. I Am Diploma Micanicl Coush Joint To next year.
    So, I Am Diploma Admission Dujarati In Diract Diploma 3 Semastar.
    sir You Can Help To Right Way.
    Pleess Ans… To Me!

16. ronak valand says:

I pass my diploma in mechanical engg. I am equivelant to 12th pass students, so can i get 12th pass certificate from gujarat goverment ? Plz reply . . .

17. hiren says:

after 2 year ITI which distence courses available

18. dipesh says:

I.T.I. Wiremen Trade 97 thi 99 darmiyan pass karel 6…..aa Trade ma Jo Koi student ne WIRE MEN aa sabda thi koi Faydo na made…ane aa TRADE nu Name= ELECTRICAL muko aevu mari vinanti 6….. WIRE MEN mathi ELECTRICAL mare Karvu 6..To SU karvu…..

19. dipesh thackar says:

Wire Men =10 class pass student ni Age 15 year OK NOT FOR MEN …MEN =18 year …India Electrical UNder Wire men

20. bhardwaj prakash p says:

At which place i can get the certificate of diploma equivalent to 12 pass in ahemdabad

21. solanki dilip says:

dear sir
    i want to iti pass diploma study in Gujarat