Amarnath yatra suspended for second day (Video)July 20, 2013
Jammu, 20 July 2013
The recent violence by anti-India separatists in Muslim majority state Kashmir disrupted the annual Amarnath yatra of Hindus on the second day after tension gripped the state over killing of four Muslim protestors during the firing by soldiers of paramilitary personnel. Four Muslim protesters died due to BSF firing when they were protesting outside the BSF camp with thousands of other locals.
The separatist jihadis had called for a shutdown. Stranded Hindu devotees were seen crowding halls of accommodations meant for passengers and travellers and were shouting holy slogans on Saturday.
Devotees also suggested that the pilgrimage should be allowed to resume and urged the authorities to deploy the army.
Meanwhile majority of people from Gujarat who planned to go to Amarnath have now canceled their bookings. Ahmedabad’s two major travel companies have received number of cancellation requests due to present situation in Kashmir.
- Vajpayee on life supporting system, condition worsens and critical, Modi reaches AIIMS
- Vadodara based bank fraud case accused Nitin Sandesara arrested in Dubai
- Good news for water-starved Gujarat, met issues heavy to very heavy rainfall warning from August 17
- Rupani to visit Ahmedabad Metro tunnel boring work on Thursday
- After a year, tail-end story of tallest hoisted tricolor in Gujarat
- Here are the announcements made by Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani in Independence Day speech