Amarnath yatra suspended for second day (Video)July 20, 2013
Jammu, 20 July 2013
The recent violence by anti-India separatists in Muslim majority state Kashmir disrupted the annual Amarnath yatra of Hindus on the second day after tension gripped the state over killing of four Muslim protestors during the firing by soldiers of paramilitary personnel. Four Muslim protesters died due to BSF firing when they were protesting outside the BSF camp with thousands of other locals.
The separatist jihadis had called for a shutdown. Stranded Hindu devotees were seen crowding halls of accommodations meant for passengers and travellers and were shouting holy slogans on Saturday.
Devotees also suggested that the pilgrimage should be allowed to resume and urged the authorities to deploy the army.
Meanwhile majority of people from Gujarat who planned to go to Amarnath have now canceled their bookings. Ahmedabad’s two major travel companies have received number of cancellation requests due to present situation in Kashmir.
- Highlights of MoUs signed on second day of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Police detain over 30 in Kevadiya holding protest in presence of Haryana CM
- PM Modi hits out at grand-alliance at Silvassa rally
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates L&T’s Armoured Systems Complex at Hazira, Gujarat
- Live: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates L&T Armoured Systems Complex at Hazira
- Live: Gujarat’s Sprint to 2022 session at Vibrant Gujarat 2019