Love Jehad: Minor girl commits suicide, accused booked under POCSOSeptember 03, 2014
Godhra, 3 September 2014
A Hindu minor girl, victim of Love Jihad has committed suicide in Panchmahal district’s Kalol. She consumed poisonous tablets that are used to protect grain from pest. Victim was 16-year-old. Police has booked rickshaw driver Irfan Gulam Belif under sections pertaining to rape.
Victim’s mother and brothers were on visit to nearby village when she was alone in her house on Monday night. Accused Irfan entered into the house and raped her. When victim’s brother arrived at home, he took hold of Irfan. When asked Irfan identified himself as a Hindu boy Satish. Later when neighbors gathered there and applied some force, it was revealed that he was not Satish but Irfan who was married. Shocked with this revelation, victim girl rushed inside the house and consumed poisonous tablets.
Police has arrested Irfan and booked him under stringent POCSO law as victim girl was minor. As Ganesh Visarjan day is closer and nearby town Godhra is considered communally sensitive, police is extra cautious in view of the fact that there’s some tension in this area following the Kalol incident.
Panchmahal district police chief himself visited victim’s family in Kalol. Police has arrested Irfan.
- Trailer of upcoming Hindi film PM Narendra Modi released
- Swami Aseemanand, other accused acquitted in Samjhauta Express blast case
- PM Modi interacts with Chowkidars through audio bridge
- Nirav Modi arrested in London, court rejects his bail plea
- In pictures: Celebrations of festival of Holi in Amdavad, Gujarat
- Chirag Patel mysterious death case probe handed over to Crime Branch