Okha-Bet Dwarka to be linked with a sealink bridgeDecember 31, 2014
The coastal town Okha and pilgrim island Bet Dwarka will be linked with a new 2 km sea link bridge in next couple of years as the state Government has proposed to build first of its kind sea link bridge to link these two sites where thousands of devotees pay visit every day.
At present only through passengers boats one can go to Okha to Bet Dwarka. The bridge will help in increasing tourist facilities. The State Government has already done a pre-feasibility report and considered the project technically and financially viable. The proposed cost of the sea link bridge is around Rs. 400 crore.
Gujarat Government may sign an MOUs for the development of the sea link bridge in the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit.
Bet Dwarka, popularly known as the ‘kingdom of Lord Krishna’ is a small island situated some 30 miles away from Dwarka. The main attraction is the magnificent Dwarkadish Temple that stands tall, giving us the proof of the Vedic era when Krishna with his wife Rukamani spent endless hours of their togetherness in the premises of this temple.
Urban development department, government of India have already include Dwarka under the ‘Hriday’(Heritage city Development and Augmentation Yojana) programme. Under this scheme, Dwarka will witness comprehensive development in next four years.
© Copyright DesGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Lemon Tree Hotels IPO to open on March 26
- Gujarat HC refuses to permit Balwantsinh to make ECI a respondent in RS election plea
- Patient dies due to high pressure oxygen supply at MRI lab facility in Ahmedabad
- Fake call center involved in duping foreigners busted in Ahmedabad
- NCB nabs Nigerian lady from train in Vadodara with drugs worth over Rs 80 lakhs
- AMC health teams collect sample of water etc from road-side vendors a day after this viral video