PM speaks to the Emir of QatarNovember 02, 2015
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today spoke to the Emir of the State of Qatar, H.H. Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, who had called and invited PM to pay a visit to Qatar.
Prime Minister recalled the State visit of the Emir of Qatar to India in March 2015 that has provided new vigour and momentum to bilateral relations. He emphasized that India attached high importance to its relations with Qatar. He appreciated the steps taken by the Emir and the Government of Qatar for protecting the interests and ensuring continued well-being and safety of Indian community staying there.
The two leaders also discussed measures to further deepen bilateral cooperation, including in the areas of trade, investment, energy, security, defence, culture and people to people contacts. The Emir of the State of Qatar reiterated Qatar’s interest in partnering in India’s economic growth.
PM appreciated the role being played by Qatar for regional peace and stability.
Prime Minister accepted the invitation to visit Qatar at mutually convenient dates.
- Live: Gujarat Chief Minister announces Suryashakti Kisan Yojana ( SKY ) for farmers
- Student who stabbed his junior in school toilet in Vadodara nabbed; says he wanted to defame the school
- Gujarat headquartered Symphony Ltd to acquire Australian company Climate Technologies
- Monsoon finally makes entry in Gujarat, rain lashes South Gujarat, heavy rain warning for next 48 hours
- 12 dead, 35 injured in two road mishaps in Gujarat
- Chief Secretary visits Surat Dream City site; Savani says bourse project to complete in 30 months