GPS enabled app for live tracking of kids launchedJune 20, 2016
Thiruvananthapuram: A Kochi-based start-up has launched a GPS enabled app that gives parents a live update on the movement of their children to school and back.
‘Guardians’, an innovative product developed by Transight Systems Pvt Ltd was launched at the Rajagiri Public School Kalamassery in Kochi in the presence of Director of Rajagiri Schools, Father Varghese Kachapilly.
It is a smart identification system that includes a smart identity card for each student and a Radio Frequency Card Reader with GNSS/GPS Transight models, which will be installed in school buses.
All these devices are connected to the Transight Cloud Account of the school, where movement of students and buses are managed.
Every parent will get their own accounts in this cloud, and once the application is downloaded they will receive all updates and alerts live on their smart phones as and when their child boards and alights the school bus.
The system also has some other interesting features like leave reporting, live tracking and absent reports.
If required, one can also alter the boarding point using the application, CEO of Transight, Feroz Rehman said.
The app will help parents monitor and manage their child’s transportation by keeping track of the school bus approaching the boarding stop and school.
Parents can also receive instant notifications as soon as their child successfully boards the bus and reaches the school premises, along with additional updates of bus movements throughout their journey.
Besides, parents can report the leave request of their child through this application, which in-turn helps to ensure the child’s safety by identifying non-reported absence.
Parents will also get the attendance reports of their child, which is shared from the school records.
As far as schools are concerned, the management will be notified with instant reports of absentee students as soon as the bus enters and leaves the school premises.
- President attends Gujarat University’s 66th convocation, 56,159 students awarded degree
- President of India interacts with startups of Gujarat University
- Won't allow creation of atmosphere of fear in Gujarat:In-charge DGP to anti-Padmawat protesters
- Anti Social elements mix up with protesters in Surat, heckle PI, mistreat lady police official
- Karni Sena Gujarat chief warns to resign if Padmaavat protesters continue to targeting public property
- Suspected anti Padmawat protesters torch bus of Khambat depot in central Gujarat