9 including 2 NRI’s from Canada killed in 2 road mishaps in ValsadJanuary 20, 2017
Valsad: Altogether nine people incluidng two Non Resident Indian (NRI) died in two seperate road accidents in Valsad district of Gujarat this morning, police said today.
The first accident which took place at around 7 am this morning owing to the head on collision between a car and a mini truck (tempo) near Sarodhi village on national highway 8 claimed 6 lives including 2 NRI’s settled in Canda. The second accident claimed the lives of three youths, all natives of Uttar Pradesh living here.
PSI of Valsad Rural police station P K Patel said that resident of Bilimora in neighbouring Navsari district, Hasmukhbhai Gandhi and his daughter Ankita, who was to marry next month, had gone to Mumbai airport to receive Ankita’s would-be father in law Prakash Pastagia and his wife Minakshben Pastagia (both NRI’s who arrived Mumbai from Canda for their son’s marriage with Ankita). Another relative of Ankita’ Anandbhai Gandhi was also in the car which was driven by a driver.
While returning to Navsari, the car met with the accident near Sarodhi village around 10 km from here killing all six sitting in the car including the dirver on the spot.
The PSI said that in the second accident three youths from UP living here died when the motocycle they were sitting on rammed in to a stationary container near local Sugar factory. They have been identified as Sharafat Ali (24), Mubarak Ali (25) and Sajan Ali (19).
- DGP suspends then CID Crime Inspector Sheikh in Rs 2 crore bribe case
- Police constable attacks and injure Cricketer Ravinder Jadeja's wife, arrested
- New startling twist in Bitcoin case: complainant Shailesh Bhatt himself is the main culprit
- Amit Shah speaks on Karnataka assembly election results 2018
- Uno Minda Group commissions Rs 450 crore alloy wheel & 4W switch plants in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt launches 'Trinetra' initiative for drone surveillance of mineral areas