Bail plea of Doctor caught for receiving Rs 10,000 bribe for doing postmortem rejectedAugust 13, 2017
Valsad: Valsad Additional District and Sessions Court rejected bail plea of a doctor who was caught for seeking bribe of Rs 10,000 for postmortem during night hours.
A worker from West Bengal Sukumar Shaha was dead in Haria hospital of Vapi due to heart attack. he was working in godown of Reema Trading Company owned by Rahul Goyal.
The dead body of Sukumar was taken to Chala CNC where Dr. Manoj Yadav refused to do postmortem during night hours. As the dead body had to be taken to West Bengal by air, the family os Sukumar requested for postmortem for which Dr. Manoj demanded Rs 10,000 bribe. The owner of company paid Rs 5,000 on the spot and promised to pay balance amount of bribe later. The doctor didn’t issue death certificate as Rs 5,000 payment was pending. Due to this the dead body couldn’t be taken to Sukumar’s native by air. The doctor was adamant for payment of Rs 5,000 for death certificate but issued it after promise given to him.
On complaint of Rahul Goyal, Anti Corruption Bureau caught the doctor while receiving Rs 5,000 installment of bribe red handed.
Doctor’s plea for bail was rejected by Sessions Court.
- After completion of ACB remand period, Former IAS Pradip Sharma sent to jail
- Amit Shah attends release of book of Anandiben
- NCB seizes Kashmiri Charas worth 1.5 crore from car in central Gujarat
- Ahmedabad student scores Perfect 1000 in GATE
- Gujarat Science City's Narottam Sahoo conferred National Award of Indian National Science Academy (INSA)
- Reliance Industries wins FT Arcellormittal boldness in business Award