Bail plea of Doctor caught for receiving Rs 10,000 bribe for doing postmortem rejectedAugust 13, 2017
Valsad: Valsad Additional District and Sessions Court rejected bail plea of a doctor who was caught for seeking bribe of Rs 10,000 for postmortem during night hours.
A worker from West Bengal Sukumar Shaha was dead in Haria hospital of Vapi due to heart attack. he was working in godown of Reema Trading Company owned by Rahul Goyal.
The dead body of Sukumar was taken to Chala CNC where Dr. Manoj Yadav refused to do postmortem during night hours. As the dead body had to be taken to West Bengal by air, the family os Sukumar requested for postmortem for which Dr. Manoj demanded Rs 10,000 bribe. The owner of company paid Rs 5,000 on the spot and promised to pay balance amount of bribe later. The doctor didn’t issue death certificate as Rs 5,000 payment was pending. Due to this the dead body couldn’t be taken to Sukumar’s native by air. The doctor was adamant for payment of Rs 5,000 for death certificate but issued it after promise given to him.
On complaint of Rahul Goyal, Anti Corruption Bureau caught the doctor while receiving Rs 5,000 installment of bribe red handed.
Doctor’s plea for bail was rejected by Sessions Court.
- Shah terms Gujarat polls a 'battle of prestige', appeals for uprooting Congress, 3/4th majority for BJP
- Gujarat Congress also passes unanimous resolution regarding promotion of Rahul as party president
- Congress party led by a family has been always against Gujarat and Gujaratis: Modi
- If Congress was doing so good, why 25% of its MLAs left it before election: Modi
- 15 days parole for prisoners aged 60 and above on Diwali: Gujarat govt
- CM to open Gujarat's 2nd Lion Safari park at Ambardi in Dhari taluka of Amreli tomorrow