Valsad and Navsari to get Passport Seva Kendra soon: RPOOctober 05, 2017
Surat: Regional Passport Officer of Surat Anjanikumar Pandey announced two new Passport Seva Kendra(PSKs) at Valsad and Navsari in South Gujarat.
Pandey was speaking at a function organized by Chamber of Commerce in Surat.
He said such PSKs will be opened in next about four-month period.
He said the new PSKs will help for reducing burden on Surat based passport office.
He said last year 1.38 lakh passports were issued in Surat against which this year 1.38 lakh passports are already issued till now(October).
He said passports are issued now on the basis of birth and residence related evidences. If there’s no mistake in application and related documents are fine, passports are issued in two-three days only. Sometime applicants face problems just because of spelling mistakes.
Pandey said children upto five-year age are exempted from bio metric system.
Surat Regional Passport Office at present covers the districts of Surat, Dang, Narmada, Surat city, Tapi and Valsad.
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs
- Why don't your government arrest Alpesh Thakor; media asks Rupani in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat ACB nabs Mamlatdar of Dahod taking bribe for entry of land deal in record
- Another Gir lion found dead, prima facie seems natural death, PM report awaited
- Young lion rescued from deep well in rural Dhari area