Valsad and Navsari to get Passport Seva Kendra soon: RPOOctober 05, 2017
Surat: Regional Passport Officer of Surat Anjanikumar Pandey announced two new Passport Seva Kendra(PSKs) at Valsad and Navsari in South Gujarat.
Pandey was speaking at a function organized by Chamber of Commerce in Surat.
He said such PSKs will be opened in next about four-month period.
He said the new PSKs will help for reducing burden on Surat based passport office.
He said last year 1.38 lakh passports were issued in Surat against which this year 1.38 lakh passports are already issued till now(October).
He said passports are issued now on the basis of birth and residence related evidences. If there’s no mistake in application and related documents are fine, passports are issued in two-three days only. Sometime applicants face problems just because of spelling mistakes.
Pandey said children upto five-year age are exempted from bio metric system.
Surat Regional Passport Office at present covers the districts of Surat, Dang, Narmada, Surat city, Tapi and Valsad.
- Gujarat HC refuses to admit plea seeking immediate announcement of Gujarat election schedule
- Gujarat BJP to hold election committee meeting during 21 - 26 October
- 3 IAS transferred
- United Phosphorus signs MoU with Gujarat govt for Rs 6,000 crore plant
- Grasim India signs MoU with Gujarat govt for setting up two units
- Why Rahul Gandhi and Congress silent on latest revelations on Vadra ? : Rupani