Congress invites Chhotu Vasava, Hardik Patel others to jointly fight BJP in Gujarat pollsOctober 21, 2017
Ahmedabad: There were recently some news reports regarding possibility of Congress, Chhotu Vasava(Sharad Yadav faction of JDU), agitators Hardik Patel, Alpesh Thakor and activist Jignesh Mevani fighting upcoming Gujarat polls jointly.
Today, Gujarat Congress president Bharatsinh Solanki invited media to make announcement that Congress had given invitation to Vasava, Patel, Thakor and Mevani to come with Congress to fight Gujarat assembly elections jointly.
Solanki said all options are open. Those who come with Congress can contest on their own, with Congress supporting their candidature, or they can also contest under Congress symbol.
Solanki said Congress was inviting these leaders to come and fight BJP jointly with Congress because things in this regard were already in future.
‘You watch out, they shall accept our invitation,’ Solanki said.
Solanki said Congress was in talk with Aam Admi Party(AAP) leaders. They were in favor of supporting Congress. Shortly many from AAP will join Congress.
It is believed that formal announcement of agitators and activists come together with Congress will be made during upcoming visit of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi which is scheduled to take place in the first week of November.
Solanki said Congress with cooperate with Hardik Patel in future whenever he wish to fight election, whether outside Congress or preferably from within Congress.
Solanki said yes in reply to a question whether formation of rainbow coalition was in process. He said, invitation has been announced to leaders so that they can accept it.
- Vadodara hit and run case accused released on bails within hours after surrender
- Parul University account clerk found dead; his letter reveals 'wrongdoings' of management
- Construction of new Narmada Maiya bridge in Bharuch 75% over
- ED seizes luxurious cars of Nirav Modi and his companies
- Udhna - Jalgaon double line project in final phase; Surat to benefit from it
- EPFO cuts interest rate on EPF to 8.55% from 8.65%