IS linked terror suspects case: Ahmed Patel writes letter to Home Minister Rajnath SinghOctober 29, 2017
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member from Gujarat Ahmed Patel in a letter to union Home minister Rajnath Singh today demanded that those guilty(in IS terror suspect case of Bharuch), irrespective of faith or any affiliation must be brought to justice. Ahmed Patel said the government has his unstinted support in this endevour. Ahmed Patel stressed on need to rise above political differences in matter which involve national security. He said framing terror charges must be done by law enforcement agencies and the judiciary and not by political leaders in press conference from party headquarters. Ahmed Patel was referring to Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani’s press conference in which Rupani had alleged that one of two IS linked terror suspects held by Anti Terrorist Squad(ATS) of Gujarat Police in Bharuch was working in ‘Ahmed Patel’ run hospital. Congress party and the hospital management had denied this allegation and made it clear that neither Ahmed Patel nor his any family member was Trustee of hospital. Rupani had demanded Ahmed Patel’s resignation over this issue. He had alleged that even after Ahmed Patel stepped down from the post of Trustee of said hospital, he had hosted an inauguration function of the hospital and invited then President Pranab Mukherjee.
- Vajpayee on life supporting system, condition worsens and critical, Modi reaches AIIMS
- Vadodara based bank fraud case accused Nitin Sandesara arrested in Dubai
- Good news for water-starved Gujarat, met issues heavy to very heavy rainfall warning from August 17
- Rupani to visit Ahmedabad Metro tunnel boring work on Thursday
- After a year, tail-end story of tallest hoisted tricolor in Gujarat
- Here are the announcements made by Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani in Independence Day speech