IS linked terror suspects case: Ahmed Patel writes letter to Home Minister Rajnath SinghOctober 29, 2017
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member from Gujarat Ahmed Patel in a letter to union Home minister Rajnath Singh today demanded that those guilty(in IS terror suspect case of Bharuch), irrespective of faith or any affiliation must be brought to justice. Ahmed Patel said the government has his unstinted support in this endevour. Ahmed Patel stressed on need to rise above political differences in matter which involve national security. He said framing terror charges must be done by law enforcement agencies and the judiciary and not by political leaders in press conference from party headquarters. Ahmed Patel was referring to Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani’s press conference in which Rupani had alleged that one of two IS linked terror suspects held by Anti Terrorist Squad(ATS) of Gujarat Police in Bharuch was working in ‘Ahmed Patel’ run hospital. Congress party and the hospital management had denied this allegation and made it clear that neither Ahmed Patel nor his any family member was Trustee of hospital. Rupani had demanded Ahmed Patel’s resignation over this issue. He had alleged that even after Ahmed Patel stepped down from the post of Trustee of said hospital, he had hosted an inauguration function of the hospital and invited then President Pranab Mukherjee.
- Highlights of MoUs signed on second day of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Police detain over 30 in Kevadiya holding protest in presence of Haryana CM
- PM Modi hits out at grand-alliance at Silvassa rally
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates L&T’s Armoured Systems Complex at Hazira, Gujarat
- Live: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates L&T Armoured Systems Complex at Hazira
- Live: Gujarat’s Sprint to 2022 session at Vibrant Gujarat 2019