Diwali vacation ends in schools across GujaratNovember 05, 2017
Gandhinagar: Diwali vacation which started on October 16 across the schools of Gujarat ends today. The schools across Gujarat will reopen tomorrow on Monday, November 6. The second part of academic year beginning tomorrow will continue till the month of April. While Diwali is celebrated for one-day in other parts of India, Gujarat celebrates Diwali festival for five days which also includes a Gujarati Hindu new year day. Some Christian mission run schools don’t give Diwali vacation and prefer to give Christmas vacation instead, while most other schools in Gujarat declare Diwali vacation. Gujarati families are spotted visiting every part of the State, country and the world during Diwali vacation. Next vacation season for school going children will be in summer.
- Fisherman mauled to death by lion in village near sea-shore close to Greater Gir forest in Bhavnagar district of Gujarat
- Gujarat Govt. plans Rs. 5500 crore deep sea industrial waste water discharge pipeline project
- Ro-pax ferry service between Ghogha-Dahej to resume in gulf of Cambay from December 14
- Assembly elections results in MP, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan don't indicate any big anti incumbency wave, will not have any impact on LS polls: Chudasama
- 482 Indian fishermen languishing in Pakistani jails: MEA in Lok Sabha
- ACB arrests DySP for lodging false prohibition case with intention to take money from accused