On what right Dr Manmohan Singh is visiting Gujarat? : Himanta Biswa SarmaNovember 07, 2017
Ahmedabad: BJP leader and Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma today took on former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh in series of tweets and questioned his visit to Gujarat after doing injustice to Gujarat and Assam in crude oil royalty when he was the Prime Minister.
Biswa Sarma in series of tweets said: ‘Royalty on crude oil at pre discounted price is the sovereign rights of the states. Gujarat and Assam used to get it till march,2008. In order to pursue political vendettas, Dr Singh changed the goal post and decided to pay oil royalty at post discounted price. Between 2008-14, Gujarat lost Rs 8392 crore and Assam lost Rs 6323 crore which crippled our economy, thanks to the policy of Dr Singh. In February 2017, Narendra Modi took a landmark decision-restored royalty at pre discounted price and returned our lost revenues. Now my humble question will be on what right Dr Singh is visiting Gujarat? What will be his answer to the injustice caused? Ofcourse I will ask Dr Manmohan Singh ji the same question if he ever visits Assam again.Why that injustice was done to Assam?’
Biswa Sarma joined Gujarat Chief Minister in questioning Dr. Manmohan Singh on twitter under #SpeakUpMMS tag. Dr. Manmohan Singh was on one-day visit to Gujarat in connection with Congress party’s campaign for upcoming assembly polls.
- CM dedicates civil work projects worth of Rs. 493.78 crore to residents of Surat
- Gujarat based multinational pharma major Torrent acquires US company Bio-Pharm Inc
- State level Republic day event this year in Mahesana, Governor to hoist tricolor in presence of CM
- Gujarat budget 2018-19 on February 20
- 7 suggestions Gujarat Finance Minister made before Centre in pre-budget meet at Delhi
- Kuwait's leading low cost airline Jazeera Airways starts direct flight to Ahmedabad