Opposition for Gujarat was in the DNA of Congress: Nirmala SitharamanNovember 11, 2017
Senior BJP leader and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today said that it seems that the opposition for Gujarat and Gujaratis was in the DNA of Congress party.
Addressing a press conference here after participating in the door-to-door people contact campaign of the BJP in Maninagar and Khokhara area, Sitharaman said that
Congress party hampered the Narmada project despite the favourable decisions of the control authority. On various important public issues the opposition party in the state did not cooperate with the government in taking it up with the union government of the UPA.
She said that Congress did not give Bharat Ratna to Sardar Patel.
‘If spoken metaphorically, opposition of Gujarat was in the DNA of Congress,’ she said.
She said that after continuous opposition of Gujarat how its leaders were now facing the people here. They were also issuing any statement without thinking about it.
She said that even the erstwhile Congress government at center did not cooperated properly with Gujarat in sensitive border issues.
‘During the last assembly election in 2012, the UPA government at center created such a hype as if Sir Creek area would no longer remain with India,’ she alleged.
Sitharaman said that Gujarat election this time around was crucial for the continuation of development here.
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress
- Centre approves additional grant of Rs 1131 crore for Narmada project, Gujarat govt thanks the PM
- Kesar mango makes first presence of the season in Marketing yard