Opposition for Gujarat was in the DNA of Congress: Nirmala SitharamanNovember 11, 2017
Senior BJP leader and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today said that it seems that the opposition for Gujarat and Gujaratis was in the DNA of Congress party.
Addressing a press conference here after participating in the door-to-door people contact campaign of the BJP in Maninagar and Khokhara area, Sitharaman said that
Congress party hampered the Narmada project despite the favourable decisions of the control authority. On various important public issues the opposition party in the state did not cooperate with the government in taking it up with the union government of the UPA.
She said that Congress did not give Bharat Ratna to Sardar Patel.
‘If spoken metaphorically, opposition of Gujarat was in the DNA of Congress,’ she said.
She said that after continuous opposition of Gujarat how its leaders were now facing the people here. They were also issuing any statement without thinking about it.
She said that even the erstwhile Congress government at center did not cooperated properly with Gujarat in sensitive border issues.
‘During the last assembly election in 2012, the UPA government at center created such a hype as if Sir Creek area would no longer remain with India,’ she alleged.
Sitharaman said that Gujarat election this time around was crucial for the continuation of development here.
- Rupani lays foundation stone for railway over-bridge at Thangadh, Surendranagar
- Faldu makes formal complain to centre against NAFED in groundnut procurement scam
- JioPhone 2 debuts at Rs 2,999; Flash sale on Jio.Com starts at 12 pm on August 16
- 'Love-letter' of class 2 student to classmate girl in Vadodara city becomes 'talk-of-the-town'
- Rajkot SP suspends 4 cops for security related negligence
- Another arrest in groundnut soil mixing case, businessman who supplied low grade groundnut nabbed