Some newspapers have given distorted version of my statement in Gujarat: Ram Vilas PaswanNovember 12, 2017
(in video: Ram Vilas Paswan’s press conference in Amdavad yesterday)
New Delhi: Union minister Ramvilas Paswan today in series of tweets said some newspapers had given distorted version of his statements during yesterday’s press conference in Ahmedabad.
In a press conference held in Ahmedabad on 11th November, some newspapers have given distorted version of my statements.
I had said in the press conference that incident agaist dalits in Una or in any part of the country is highly condemnable. The state government should take immediate action against such heinous crimes.
The Gujarat governmetn had immediately formed special court against the atrocities on Dalits in Una and chargesheet was submitted within 30 days. Four police officers were suspendd and 46 people were arrested.
In the last three and half years, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has taken many steps for the welfare of Dalits and Baba Saheb Ambedkar, which is the record in itself.
When I was welfare minister in 1989, the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities act was passed by the parliament and in 2016, Narendra Modiji’s government made amendments in it and made strict provisions.
Some people try to mislead the Dalit community for their inherent political selfishness. Dalits need to be cautious of such persons.
- 68.70% polling in second phase as per primary estimates of EC, Exit polls show BJP lead
- Live: Gujarat CM, State BJP chief address the media after final phase of voting concludes
- All exit polls project BJP victory in Gujarat
- Second phase preliminary turnout 68.70%
- Complaint of Congress about PM Modi's 'road show' more of anticipatory nature, Collector Ahmedabad inquiring the matter:CEO B B Swain
- Advani, Jaitley also cast votes during Gujarat assembly polls in Ahmedabdad