Gujarat Congress announces manifesto for 2017 assembly pollsDecember 04, 2017
Ahmedabad: Congress on Monday released its manifesto for the upcoming state assembly elections in Gujarat and said its main focus is providing relief and support to farmers in the state.
The party in its manifesto has promised to waive off farmer loans and provide 16 hours of electricity for irrigation.
Following are some of the other highlights:
* Rs 32,000 cr package to provide employment to 25 lakh youth. An allowance of Rs 4000 for unemployed youth.
* End of contract system in government jobs, contract workers to be made parmanant.
* Fast-track courts to deal with crimes against women.
* Laptops and smartphones for college students.
* Petrol and diesel prices in the state to be rolled back by Rs 10 per litre.
* Equal rights for members of Patidar community in education and for jobs.
* No interference in reservation already provided to members of SC, ST and OBC communities.
- AirAsia to start Surat - Bengaluru flight from 15 May
- Next goal to win World Championship in Sweden and Asian Games: Harmeet Desai in Surat
- Pravin Togadia ends his 'fast unto death' programme on third day at around noon
- Changes in Aarti and Darshan timings of Ambaji temple in North Gujarat
- Three dead in gutter in Surat; police case against contractor
- 12-year old boy leaves worldly life, becomes Jain monk in Surat