Gujarat Congress announces manifesto for 2017 assembly pollsDecember 04, 2017
Ahmedabad: Congress on Monday released its manifesto for the upcoming state assembly elections in Gujarat and said its main focus is providing relief and support to farmers in the state.
The party in its manifesto has promised to waive off farmer loans and provide 16 hours of electricity for irrigation.
Following are some of the other highlights:
* Rs 32,000 cr package to provide employment to 25 lakh youth. An allowance of Rs 4000 for unemployed youth.
* End of contract system in government jobs, contract workers to be made parmanant.
* Fast-track courts to deal with crimes against women.
* Laptops and smartphones for college students.
* Petrol and diesel prices in the state to be rolled back by Rs 10 per litre.
* Equal rights for members of Patidar community in education and for jobs.
* No interference in reservation already provided to members of SC, ST and OBC communities.
- Central Govt to open Rs 100 crore Tribal Museum at Rajpipla, says Gujarat CM while opening Adi Mahotsav
- I move around alone till 12 at night, those who dream to kill me should come: Alpesh Thakor's video goes viral
- Saurashtra School parcel bomb case culprit held, had earlier killed two with bomb
- Fake notes of 200, 500 and 2000 of face value of over 17 lakhs recovered in central Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Anil Ambani's Reliance sues NDTV for Rs 10,000 Crores for Rafale report in Ahmedabad court, hearing likely on Oct 26
- MoS Parbat Patel falls on stage, no injury, video-photos go viral