Another Asiatic lion dies owing to falling in open well in Gujarat, second incident in less than weekJanuary 11, 2018
Close on heels of the death of a one and a half years old lioness owing to falling in an open farm well in a village of Gir Somnath district, the body of a 7 year old Asiatic lion was also fished out of another such farm well in a village in the close vicinity of Gir forests Amreli district of Gujarat last evening.
A forest official today said that the body of the lion was fished out of the around 70 ft deep well in the farm of one Kanti M Hirpara in Mota Sarakadiya village in Khamba Taluka of Armreli district. The matter was under investigation.
Earlier on January 5 also the body of a 1.5 year old lioness was found in a well in Vadodara Dodiya village of Veraval taluka in Gir Somnath district.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress