Surat to have more public sculpturesJanuary 11, 2018
Surat: The city of Surat will soon have public sculptures at important public places. Surat Municipal Corporation(SMC) recently organized Surat Stone Sculpture Symposium in which globally famed 11 artists participated. The SMC has procured stones from various parts of country such as Bansipahadpur and pink sand stone from rajasthan, yellos sand stone from Khavda, Rajnagar white marble, Bheslana black marble Kesaria babar raj pink marble etc.
7 Indian, 3 Japanese and 1 Italian artists are participating in this workshop. They are assisted by junior artists. Surat Artjan organization is curating and conducting the workshop. The workshop will continue till February 15 at Science Centre.
SMC had also organized similar sculpture symposium in 2017 through which 10 public art were created.
- Industry Commissioner to hold meeting in Surat for proposed Pinjrat Mega Textile Park
- Bavalia participates in community meet, Chotila MLA, ex-MLA also present
- Six including PI booked in another Bitcoin fraud case in Gujarat
- Chintan Shivir of Gujarat BJP to prepare the road-map for Loksabha polls begins, Amit Shah to participate tomorrow
- Monsoon advances further in Gujarat, IMD intensifies warning, NDRF teams also alerted
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's today's Mann Ki Baat address in full text