Surat to have more public sculpturesJanuary 11, 2018
Surat: The city of Surat will soon have public sculptures at important public places. Surat Municipal Corporation(SMC) recently organized Surat Stone Sculpture Symposium in which globally famed 11 artists participated. The SMC has procured stones from various parts of country such as Bansipahadpur and pink sand stone from rajasthan, yellos sand stone from Khavda, Rajnagar white marble, Bheslana black marble Kesaria babar raj pink marble etc.
7 Indian, 3 Japanese and 1 Italian artists are participating in this workshop. They are assisted by junior artists. Surat Artjan organization is curating and conducting the workshop. The workshop will continue till February 15 at Science Centre.
SMC had also organized similar sculpture symposium in 2017 through which 10 public art were created.
- VHP chief of Mahuva town killed
- Six killed in group clash in Chasra village near Mundra in Kutch
- ACB nabs driver of Mamlatdar taking Rs 7 lakh bribe on behalf of him in Surat, Asst. MVI also nabbed in Dahod
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP in Gujarat from November 15
- At least five Pakistanis nabbed in creek area of Kutch
- Delhi High Court grants Rakesh Asthana six-day protection from arrest