Sachin GIDC facing water supply problem; laborers asked to bring own drinking waterFebruary 09, 2018
Surat: As local pond has gone dry, the industrial estate of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation(GIDC) at Sachin in South Gujarat is facing severe water shortage.
There are 2250 industrial units including many weaving units that are now dependent on tankers. Dying and printing units may limit their activities by half. There are about 2.50 lakh labourers working in Sachin GIDC. The State Water Supply Board supplies daily half an hour water on temporary basis to Sachin GIDC.
Weavers have asked labourers to bring water from home. A delegation of Sachin GIDC called on the Deputy Chief Minister and Irrigation Minister in Gandhinagar and demanded supply of water from Kankrapar left bank canal for 800 hectare Sachin GIDC.
The canal according to Mayur Golwala, the Secretary of Sachin GIDC Cooperative Society, has been closed for 50 days for repair. As repair work is not completed, water supply has not been resumed, they complained.
- Gujarat High Court extends protection against arrest to Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed
- Cloudy weather/light rain in southern Gujarat from May 30:IMD
- Surat police seeks addition of 1306 CCTV cameras to cover the gaps in vigil
- Two arrested for anchoring a ship without permission at Magdalla Jetty of ABG; measures taken to prevent damage to ONGC bridge
- Passport issuance delay at Ahmedabad RPO: Sushma Swaraj seeks reply from officer
- Bodies of lion cub and leopard found at different places in Tulsishyam range of Gir