Sachin GIDC facing water supply problem; laborers asked to bring own drinking waterFebruary 09, 2018
Surat: As local pond has gone dry, the industrial estate of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation(GIDC) at Sachin in South Gujarat is facing severe water shortage.
There are 2250 industrial units including many weaving units that are now dependent on tankers. Dying and printing units may limit their activities by half. There are about 2.50 lakh labourers working in Sachin GIDC. The State Water Supply Board supplies daily half an hour water on temporary basis to Sachin GIDC.
Weavers have asked labourers to bring water from home. A delegation of Sachin GIDC called on the Deputy Chief Minister and Irrigation Minister in Gandhinagar and demanded supply of water from Kankrapar left bank canal for 800 hectare Sachin GIDC.
The canal according to Mayur Golwala, the Secretary of Sachin GIDC Cooperative Society, has been closed for 50 days for repair. As repair work is not completed, water supply has not been resumed, they complained.
- Rabi Crops sowing in Gujarat very slow, so far 42% less than last year
- Junagadh, Porbandar to get water supply every third day
- Volunteery services of Kutchi gentleman to shine in Kaun Banega Crorepati episode
- Reliance Jio launches India’s first VOLTE international roaming
- Dahej - Ghogha ro-pax ferry service timings to change from 1 December
- Gujarat govt. refutes Congress allegation over contract with Vodafone