Valley of flowers at Statue of Unity siteFebruary 19, 2018
Bharuch: The Prime Minister is likely to dedicate the Statue of Unity – world’s tallest statue at Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam site on October 31st this year. Along with the statue and museum, the Prime Minister will also dedicate another tourist attraction – valley of flowers.
The government has released Rs 6 crore of Rs 12 crore grant approved for the valley of flowers project. While Rs 3 crore was spent last year, another Rs 3 crore have been spent this year.
The Prime Minister had suggested Valley of flower project on his visit to this place in year 2003. The work for this project started in year 2012-13 and further speeded up in year 2014.
Plants of flowers are at present being developed at forest department’s nursery in Gora. So far 1 lakh plants are planted while plantation of more plants is in process.
Champo, Garmalo, Boganvel, Plumoriya, Kesiyavav, Flora, Ifosiya, Barmasi, Madhumalti, Paththar Chatai are some of the types of plants that are being planted.
- Gujarat govt to bring law for 80% jobs to Gujaratis, 25% jobs to locals in industrial and service sector: Chief Minister Rupani
- Water level of Sardar Sarovar Narmada reservoir at 127.37 m, live storage nearly 48%
- Students in H K Arts college protest after flaw in question paper, internal exam to be re-conducted
- Rotten gram with insects found in Anganwadi center; Smriti Irani asks collector to probe and take strict action
- Alpesh Thakor threatens violent agitation against industrial units in Vithlapur
- A lioness and a cub die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forest in last 24 hours, number of lion deaths reaches 13