Valley of flowers at Statue of Unity siteFebruary 19, 2018
Bharuch: The Prime Minister is likely to dedicate the Statue of Unity – world’s tallest statue at Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam site on October 31st this year. Along with the statue and museum, the Prime Minister will also dedicate another tourist attraction – valley of flowers.
The government has released Rs 6 crore of Rs 12 crore grant approved for the valley of flowers project. While Rs 3 crore was spent last year, another Rs 3 crore have been spent this year.
The Prime Minister had suggested Valley of flower project on his visit to this place in year 2003. The work for this project started in year 2012-13 and further speeded up in year 2014.
Plants of flowers are at present being developed at forest department’s nursery in Gora. So far 1 lakh plants are planted while plantation of more plants is in process.
Champo, Garmalo, Boganvel, Plumoriya, Kesiyavav, Flora, Ifosiya, Barmasi, Madhumalti, Paththar Chatai are some of the types of plants that are being planted.
- Vadgam MLA Jignesh Mevani booked on school principal's complaint over a tweet
- Jamnagar BJP Councillor reaches Ass. Commissioner's office with stick in hand, creates ruckus, video goes viral
- Nitin appeals State doctors to withdraw their June 17 strike call
- PM's opening remark in NITI Aayog meet: Making India a 5 trillion dollar economy, harnessing water resources, doubling income of farmers
- By-polls for two vacant seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat announced; Schedule same, notification and polling for each seat separately
- Fake call center involved in duping US citizens busted in Vadodara city of Gujarat, 2 arrested