Gujarat Assembly Speaker revokes suspension of over 25 Congress MLAsMarch 13, 2018
Speaker Rajendra Trivedi today suspended over 25 of the Congress MLAs from the proceedings of the Gujarat Assembly for a day but later revoked it.
Speaker Trivedi first suspended Virji Thumar, who repeatedly stood up during reply by minister R C Faldu on demands for grant of Agriculture department. Despite instructions by the speaker to seat down he started slogan shouting and leveling allegations against the government on farmer’s issues including the prices of ground-nut and crop insurance etc.
On the suspension of Thumar, some other Congress MLAs also stood up and started slogan shouting and even came in front of the speaker’s seat (well).
The speaker also suspended around 28 Congress MLAs including Imran Khedawala, Pratap Dudhat and Ambrish Der for the day. When they lied down on the floor in the well protesting Thumar;s suspension, the sergeants took them out of the house.
Later Thumar told newsmen that the speaker was trying to strangulate the democracy by not allowing the opposition members to speak in the house.
Speaker Trivedi revoked the suspension later, Congress MLA Amit Chavda informed.
- Bhavnagar to get Rs 80 crore regional science museum
- Heat wave continued despite marginal drop in temperatures in Gujarat
- Operation of trains from platform 6 of Ahmedabad railway station stopped for 45 days
- Surat Police arrests a young lady criminal Asmita Gohil alias Bhuri
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Indonesia and Singapore during May 29 - June 2
- Two youths stripped, beaten up by mob of their own community in Gondal