Gujarat Assembly Speaker revokes suspension of over 25 Congress MLAsMarch 13, 2018
Speaker Rajendra Trivedi today suspended over 25 of the Congress MLAs from the proceedings of the Gujarat Assembly for a day but later revoked it.
Speaker Trivedi first suspended Virji Thumar, who repeatedly stood up during reply by minister R C Faldu on demands for grant of Agriculture department. Despite instructions by the speaker to seat down he started slogan shouting and leveling allegations against the government on farmer’s issues including the prices of ground-nut and crop insurance etc.
On the suspension of Thumar, some other Congress MLAs also stood up and started slogan shouting and even came in front of the speaker’s seat (well).
The speaker also suspended around 28 Congress MLAs including Imran Khedawala, Pratap Dudhat and Ambrish Der for the day. When they lied down on the floor in the well protesting Thumar;s suspension, the sergeants took them out of the house.
Later Thumar told newsmen that the speaker was trying to strangulate the democracy by not allowing the opposition members to speak in the house.
Speaker Trivedi revoked the suspension later, Congress MLA Amit Chavda informed.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress