3 Congress MLAs suspended for violence in assembly move Gujarat High Court against the decisionMarch 26, 2018
The 3 MLAs of Congress who were suspended from Gujarat Assembly by speaker Rajendra Trivedi on March 14 after heavy chaos and attempt of attack and scuffle in the house today moved Gujarat High court.
Pradip Dudhat, Amrish Der (both suspended for a period of 3 years) and Baldevji Thakor (suspended for one year) today moved the high court.
Congress spokesperson Manish Doshi said that the 3 MLAs have in their plea said that their suspension was not in accordance with the rules. It could at maximum be for a session.
The 3 suspended MLAs have requested the court to give their plea an urgent hearing as the ongoing budget session of the assembly would end on March 28.
- Man dies after brutally thrashed in factory in Shapar Veraval; video goes viral
- Gujarat Govt approves Rs.900-crore project to make Tapi River pollution-free; CM launches Rs 492.60 crore projects in Surat
- Rs 61.12 crore Adajan Bus Port opens in Surat
- Rupani asks NRGs in USA to support ‘Jal Sanchay Abhiyan’ in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt, NASSCOM sign MoU to set up Centre of Excellence for IOT at IITGn
- News in brief from across Gujarat