Meeting of Left/Congress supported farmers/activists against Bullet train project held in SuratApril 08, 2018
A meeting of the left and Congress supported farmers and activists from neighboring Maharashtra and South Gujarat to oppose the land acquisition process for Ahmedabad-Mumbai bullet train project was held here today.
Farmers and activists from Thane and Palghar districts of Maharashtra and Surat, Navsari and Valsad district participated in the meeting held in Jahangirpura area here.
An activist who participated in the meeting said that the costly bullet train project was not useful for commoners. The hype around it that it was being constructed almost free of cost loan from Japan was also wrong. Farmers of around 300 villages in 3 southern districts of Gujarat and 108 in the two districts in Maharashtra would have to part with their lands and means of livelihood for it.
Notably, with the 2022 deadline for the pet project of PM Narnendra Modi Gujarat government has started the process of acquiring land for the project since January this year.
The state Revenue Department in Gujarat and Maharashtra have issued preliminary notifications in this regard.
- Highlights of MoUs signed on second day of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Police detain over 30 in Kevadiya holding protest in presence of Haryana CM
- PM Modi hits out at grand-alliance at Silvassa rally
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates L&T’s Armoured Systems Complex at Hazira, Gujarat
- Live: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates L&T Armoured Systems Complex at Hazira
- Live: Gujarat’s Sprint to 2022 session at Vibrant Gujarat 2019