Meeting of Left/Congress supported farmers/activists against Bullet train project held in SuratApril 08, 2018
A meeting of the left and Congress supported farmers and activists from neighboring Maharashtra and South Gujarat to oppose the land acquisition process for Ahmedabad-Mumbai bullet train project was held here today.
Farmers and activists from Thane and Palghar districts of Maharashtra and Surat, Navsari and Valsad district participated in the meeting held in Jahangirpura area here.
An activist who participated in the meeting said that the costly bullet train project was not useful for commoners. The hype around it that it was being constructed almost free of cost loan from Japan was also wrong. Farmers of around 300 villages in 3 southern districts of Gujarat and 108 in the two districts in Maharashtra would have to part with their lands and means of livelihood for it.
Notably, with the 2022 deadline for the pet project of PM Narnendra Modi Gujarat government has started the process of acquiring land for the project since January this year.
The state Revenue Department in Gujarat and Maharashtra have issued preliminary notifications in this regard.
- Rupani lays foundation stone for railway over-bridge at Thangadh, Surendranagar
- Faldu makes formal complain to centre against NAFED in groundnut procurement scam
- JioPhone 2 debuts at Rs 2,999; Flash sale on Jio.Com starts at 12 pm on August 16
- 'Love-letter' of class 2 student to classmate girl in Vadodara city becomes 'talk-of-the-town'
- Rajkot SP suspends 4 cops for security related negligence
- Another arrest in groundnut soil mixing case, businessman who supplied low grade groundnut nabbed