21 Congress leaders/workers held protesting near Rajkot house of Karnataka governor Vajubhai ValaMay 18, 2018
Altogether 21 Congress leaders and workers were today detained during their demonstration and protest in front of the residence of Karnataka governor and former Gujarat finance minister cum assembly speaker Vajubhai Vala in Nutan nagar-Kotecha area under Malviyanagar police station of Rajkot city in Gujarat.
PI of Malviyanagar N N Chudasama said that 21 local leaders and activists of Congress including its working city president Maheshbhai Rajput and some corportors were detained at around 1100 hrs and later released at around 1330 hrs.
Notably, to protest the decision of Vala to invite BJP legislature party leader B S Yeddyurappa for making government in Karnataka, Congress is organizing the save democracy protests all over the country.
The protest in front of the ‘locked’ house of Vala here was a part of that.
The house where Vala, the former MLA of Rajkot-West seat, used to live with family during Rajkot visits before his becoming governor of Gujarat in 2014, is under lock and key now.
Chudasama said that the house was cordoned by police today in the wake of the protest to prevent any damage to it during the demonstration.
The Congress leaders were shouting slogans against Vala and BJP.
- Highlights of investment commitments announced from the stage at Vibrant Gujarat Summit inaugural session
- India is ready for business as never before: PM at inauguration of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Gujarat is becoming more and more important for Suzuki Group: Toshihiro Suzuki shares company's future plans here
- RIL to double the investment and livelihood opportunities in Gujarat in a decade: Mukesh Ambani at Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Long-term Uranium Ore Concentrate supply pact for India's energy requirements signed in presence of PM Modi, Uzbek President in Gujarat
- Live: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 from Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar