21 Congress leaders/workers held protesting near Rajkot house of Karnataka governor Vajubhai ValaMay 18, 2018
Altogether 21 Congress leaders and workers were today detained during their demonstration and protest in front of the residence of Karnataka governor and former Gujarat finance minister cum assembly speaker Vajubhai Vala in Nutan nagar-Kotecha area under Malviyanagar police station of Rajkot city in Gujarat.
PI of Malviyanagar N N Chudasama said that 21 local leaders and activists of Congress including its working city president Maheshbhai Rajput and some corportors were detained at around 1100 hrs and later released at around 1330 hrs.
Notably, to protest the decision of Vala to invite BJP legislature party leader B S Yeddyurappa for making government in Karnataka, Congress is organizing the save democracy protests all over the country.
The protest in front of the ‘locked’ house of Vala here was a part of that.
The house where Vala, the former MLA of Rajkot-West seat, used to live with family during Rajkot visits before his becoming governor of Gujarat in 2014, is under lock and key now.
Chudasama said that the house was cordoned by police today in the wake of the protest to prevent any damage to it during the demonstration.
The Congress leaders were shouting slogans against Vala and BJP.
- Surat fire tragedy: Highlights of Govt. briefing on primary probe report
- Fire incident: AMC suspends BU permission of Apple Children hospital in Ahmedabad
- Police detain Hardik Patel in Surat
- Ahmedabad court asks Rahul Gandhi to appear in person on July 12
- Surat fire tragedy: Builders arrested, SMC official suspended, demolition and sealing drives continue
- Surat fire tragedy: Chief Secretary Dr. JN Singh brief media on actions taken so far