Gujarat government announces Navratri vacationJuly 28, 2018
After over two decades, the Gujarat government has again announced to give official vacation in schools and colleges of the state on the occasion of Navratri(10-17 October), the most popular and colourful festival in this western province of India.
Minister of State for Education(Primary and Higher Education) and Pilgrimage, Vibhavariben Dave today said that as Navratri and garba were ‘cultural identity’ of Gujarat and the youths and children of the state should be given opportunity of easy participation in it without being worried about joining their educational institutions the very next day after a night long garba and festivities.
‘CM Vijay Rupani and Education Minister Bhupendra Chudasama along with me have decided to announce official holidays during Navratri so that the youths and children participate in the celebrations in much relaxed manner,’ she said.
She also claimed that though during fixing the holiday schedule it would be kept in mind that the total number of scheduled education days were not affected yet there won’t be any cut in the Diwali vacations to adjust it.
Notably, in Gujarat 21 days Diwali vacation is given. In the official circles it is being speculated that the state government might cut it down to 14 to allow 7 days of Navratri vacation.
Earlier in 1995 during Keshubhai led BJP government in the state on the initiative of the then education minister Nalin Bhatt, such holiday for Navratri was announced but it was later withdrawn as people felt that the education of students was being adversely affected due to it.
- Foundation stone laying ceremony of six lane conversion of Sarkhej - Chiloda highway on Monday
- Ganesh Murti vandalized in Surat; five booked
- PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat - PMJAY nationwide, CM and DyCM launches the same in Gujarat
- Rain continues in parts of Gujarat, heavy rain warning for 3 north and 1 central Gujarat districts
- A Questionable Statement Which Circumstances & Facts Demolish: Arun Jaitley's note on Rafale
- Rahul is becoming even more ludicrous day by day: CM Vijay Rupani