3 light houses in Gujarat at Dwarka, Veraval and Gopnath to be developed as tourist spots by center: Shipping Minister MandaviyaOctober 12, 2018
Gandhinagar: The union government has decided to develop the 3 light houses in Gujarat as tourist spots.
MoS shipping Mansukh Madaviya today said that the 43 meter high light house of Dwarka, 30 meter high one of Veraval and 40 meter high in Gopnath in Bhavnagar district would be developed for tourism.
Dwarka, Veraval and Gopnath were already famous places where tourists come and by developing the light houses there more tourists could be attracted, he said.
‘For the purpose visitor rooms, information kiosks, LED fountain showing maritime and local history, walkways along the nearby coast would be made. Landscaping would also be done and sitting arrangement would also be made,’ he added.
The light houses would serve the purpose of both an assisting thing for marine navigation as well as tourist place, he said.
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs
- Why don't your government arrest Alpesh Thakor; media asks Rupani in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat ACB nabs Mamlatdar of Dahod taking bribe for entry of land deal in record
- Another Gir lion found dead, prima facie seems natural death, PM report awaited
- Young lion rescued from deep well in rural Dhari area