3 light houses in Gujarat at Dwarka, Veraval and Gopnath to be developed as tourist spots by center: Shipping Minister MandaviyaOctober 12, 2018
Gandhinagar: The union government has decided to develop the 3 light houses in Gujarat as tourist spots.
MoS shipping Mansukh Madaviya today said that the 43 meter high light house of Dwarka, 30 meter high one of Veraval and 40 meter high in Gopnath in Bhavnagar district would be developed for tourism.
Dwarka, Veraval and Gopnath were already famous places where tourists come and by developing the light houses there more tourists could be attracted, he said.
‘For the purpose visitor rooms, information kiosks, LED fountain showing maritime and local history, walkways along the nearby coast would be made. Landscaping would also be done and sitting arrangement would also be made,’ he added.
The light houses would serve the purpose of both an assisting thing for marine navigation as well as tourist place, he said.
- Who is Dr. Mahendra Munjapara, a surprise name in BJP LS candidate list for Gujarat
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats; total 16 of 26 candidates declared, of them 14 repeated
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party
- Jawahar Chavda issues video statement claiming his remark in local flavoured dialect was misunderstood
- CBDT refutes Media Report